Saturday, May 24, 2008
Reunion memory
I remember one time at a Carpenter family reunion. As part of the program we sang "The Itsy-Bitsy Teeny-Weeny Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini. I think it was all the female Taylors who did this, but I'm not sure. We had outfits with different colored polka dots on it, and we had our heads sticking through a "wall" that was decorated to look like the ocean. At the end of the song, whoever was holding the backdrop let it fall to the floor and we all scattered. It was a lot of fun, but I don't remember all the details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember that this was a 2nd generation program. I remember doing the same song at a Daw reunion years before when the song first came out. I think we also did it at some PTA thing. Maybe Carma or Ray could help refresh my memory of that one. I remember that some of the Gentillon kids (Aunt Marge, Grandma Carpenters's sister), were also involved then. My mom made Joyce and I some polka doted clothes to wear. I don't remember all of the details of either event very well.
I've been trying for years to forget that performance! Thanks for the reminder! (Hee! Hee!)
Post a Comment