CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Musical Memories

Way to go Rochelle, I like your memory post.  I'll start my recollection of memories with one that involves you.  

I remember one time when my family was driving to Blackfoot to visit.  I was probably around 8-10, which would put Rochelle at about 11-13 years old.  We pulled into Aunt Joyce's driveway, and my mom, Janet, started to honk the car horn to announce our arrival.  Everyone came running out of the house, telling us to be quiet.  It turns out that Rochelle had been trying desperately to record a specific song on the radio.   This was before the time of instant music downloads from itunes.  She had a tape recorder that she put next to the radio, and had to press a button to record.  The only problem was, it recorded all sounds, not just the radio, so you had to be very quiet while you recorded the song of choice.  I think this was her third attempt, and the DJ had started to play it just as we pulled up.  Sure enough, when she played it back, over the sound of the song was the honking of our car horn!!  Sorry Rochelle. :)

-Kim

No comments: