CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Memories of Uncle Ray's Family

Uncle Ray came to Girl's Camp every year that I went. There were two times in particular that I remember the most. One year, when we stopped for lunch during our hike, the Leaders started handing out letters to each of the girls. They had had the parents write letters to their daughters! I got one from my Mom, but my Dad was in England at the time, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't get one from him. I was reading the letter from my Mom when one of the Leaders came up to me with another letter! It was from Uncle Ray! I still have that letter! It really made my day! The other Girl's Camp memory I have of Uncle Ray happened my last year at Camp. I was having a horrible time! Things just weren't going good at all! When Uncle Ray got there, I told him that I wanted to go home! He listened to me and let me cry on his shoulder and then he talked me into staying! I'm very grateful that he did that!
One more memory of Uncle Ray. When I was 16 and Matthew was 15 we went to England to visit our Dad. We left very early in the morning on Uncle Ray's Birthday. Even though it was early, Uncle Ray came over before we left to give both of us a Priesthood blessing! It was very touching!
My favorite memory of Aunt Jenny happened when I was either 16 or 17. She decided that we were all too old to be sleeping outside together at reunions! After that, we had to have the boys on one lawn and the girls on another lawn! What she didn't know was that this caused more mischief than normal because we decided that it would be fun to throw things at each other across the driveway or house or whatever was separating us!
My favorite memory of Brooke happened when we went to the Manti Pageant when I was 19 and Brooke was 16. On the way back, Matthew was driving, Brooke and I were sitting in the front, and Mom, Andrew, and Edward were in the back. Brooke's and my job was to keep Matthew awake. That wasn't a problem because Matthew was in a silly mood and he had us laughing so hard that Brooke almost wet her pants! It was a very fun trip!
Mary's wedding will always be one of my favorite memories! When she walked in it was like looking at Aunt Jenny! The Spirit was very strong there! There was also something funny that happened at Mary's wedding! Grandpa was sitting pretty close to the Sealer, but he couldn't hear him. Everyone else could hear Grandpa though! He kept saying, "Can you hear him? I can't hear him!" After that he started to doze off and Grandma Carma smacked him! I still laugh every time I think about it!
Esther lived with us for a while. One time we were coming back to Boise from Blackfoot with Esther and one of her friends and we got caught in a traffic jam. There was a vehicle behind us with two guys in it that were about Esther's age. Esther and her friend kept us laughing by writing notes to the guys and putting them up in the window! The guys quickly found some paper and started answering them back! It was funny! After we got home, Esther and her friend thought it would be funny to dump water on Matt. Needless to say, they were the ones that ended up soaked!
Amber use to have quite a temper! I remember my Mom getting calls from Brooke asking her to come down an rescue them from Amber! I also remember a good thing about Amber. I remember how neat it was to see her as part of the Choir during one of the Sessions of General Conference a couple of years ago! She'd grown up so much that I almost didn't recognize her!
Adam, I don't really have a specific memory of you. I just loved watching you try to make it with all of those older sisters!
One last memory- When Uncle Ray and Eliz got married, Uncle Ray embarrassed poor Eliz by introducing her (in the Sealing Room of the Temple) as the newest Elizabeth Taylor!

No comments: