I'm going to post this tonight instead of tomorrow because I'm going to be very busy with packing and cleaning tomorrow so that the Real Estate guy can come over.
I don't know how many of you know that I'm partly responsible for getting Uncle Delrey and Aunt Betty together! I guess we were in the same Ward and I really liked Uncle Delrey. (I think I was around 3) Aunt Betty knew if she put me down at church I'd run straight for Delrey! Then she's have to sit by him because I wouldn't leave him!
Fun Fact: Uncle Delrey, Jason Haroldsen, and I all share a Birthday!
During the Spring Break when we were trying to get custody of Michael, he had to go to his mom's in Arkansas. The airline wouldn't let Michael change planes by himself, so I flew with him to Phoenix and he went on from there. I stayed with Uncle Delrey and Aunt Betty all that week. We went to the Mesa Temple while I was there. I guess I should backtrack a little. I stayed with Uncle Delrey and Aunt Betty for a week during my Senior Year in High School when I was really struggling with some things. I know it was hard for them to see me going through the things I did, but they stuck by me and helped me a lot. I know it meant a lot to both of them for me to be able to go to the Temple with them. Uncle Delrey told me, with tears in his eyes, that I looked pretty in my Temple dress!
Another memorable Spring Break I went on a Temple trip with Aunt Betty. We went to the Idaho Falls Temple with my Mom and then the Logan Temple the first day. (we ate with Brooke and Chris and Aunt Betty stayed with them) The second day we went to the Ogden Temple and then ate lunch with Uncle Doug (Grandma's brother) and Aunt Mary Anna. Then we went to the Bountiful Temple and the Jordan River Temple. (we stayed with Aunt Janet) (We did family names at most of the Temples) The third day we went to the Salt Lake Temple with Aunt Janet and then went to the Provo Temple. (we stayed with Raylene- Grandma LaDean's daughter) The next day we went to the Manti Temple and then the Timpanogas Temple! The last day we went to the Saturday Morning Session of General Conference! It was one of the most wonderful trips I've been on! I was planning on going alone, but Matt called Aunt Betty and talked her into coming with me! Michael got Baptized the day before we left, so she got to be there for that too!
My favorite memory of the Pearson boys will always be the day I was with Grandma LaDean when Uncle Delrey raced 4 little naked boys down the stairs at Grandpa's house!
I wish I could remember Emily better. I was only 7 when she died. I do remember being at Uncle Delrey and Aunt Betty's one day and Emily had been asleep. She woke up and came out into the living room with a very tired look on her face! She wasn't very happy! It took us a while to get her to smile! I think I remember that because it was unusual for Emily to not be smiling!
I did pictures for Ben before he went on his mission. It was very hard to get him to smile a normal smile! He also annoyed me by calling me "Roach."
I took Senior pictures of Robert and Jeremy when I was in Arizona for Spring Break. I went to a State Park with Robert and a city park with Jeremy. I had fun with both of them. I've also had the opportunity to listen to both of them play the guitar. I think I shocked Robert when I started playing a Beatles' song on the piano! I don't think he thought we'd have anything in common, but who doesn't love the Beatles?!
Jeremy and I had long discussions on what we thought would happen in future Harry Potter books while I was in Arizona!
My favorite memory of David happened when I was at their house in Kansas during my Senior Year. There was a BAD storm and I was scared. The other boys were laughing at me, but David came to me with his stuffed dinosaur and told me that I could hold it! Then he climbed on my lap and he actually held the dinosaur while I held on to him! I thought he was very sweet!
I've enjoyed watching our baby cousin grow up! She's become a beautiful young lady! I can't believe she's driving! I've been able to take pictures for her a couple of times and when I've showed them to my friends, they've all thought she was a lot older than she is! Cassy's fun to shop with too! I love that she looks for modest clothes! One of my favorite memories of Cassy happened after Grandma LaDean died. After Grandma Jean died, I started getting packages in the mail from a secret friend. I found out several years later that Uncle Delrey and Aunt Betty were the secret friend! Grandma LaDean was the Grandma that Cassy knew, so after she died, I decided to do for her what her parents did for me! So Cassy- I'm admitting it! I was your secret friend!
I've really enjoyed writing these memories! I can't wait for the reunion so that we can all share more! I hope all of you are planning on coming! Do you realize that it's been a very, very long time since all of us were together? The last time we had a family picture, Cassy was a baby and Mike and I think Liz weren't there. Cassy is now 16! Please, please, try to be at the reunion! This could also be the last reunion we have with Grandpa! Please come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The temple trip sounds wonderful. I would love to do something like that.
Kim, maybe we can have a repeat performance once Rochelle gets moved to Utah! Would be fun! Or, you can come to Arizona and we can go through all 5 temples in AZ! The Manti temple is amazing! Good times!!!
I'm up for a repeat trip!
Post a Comment