CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Aunt Carma's New Tag:

1. Best thing you cooked last week? a gourmet omelette
2. If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with whom? Lots of places, but I think a cruise to Alaska would be really fun sometime. I'd travel with Roy plus any other family that wanted to come along.
3. When was the last time you cried? Last week I was photocopying a transcript of my mother's funeral [transcribed by Aunt Rayola] to send to Brooke. Re-reading the funeral talks brought tears to my eyes.
4. Five things you were doing 10 years ago: Ten years ago, we had our first 3 grandchildren together for the first time, here in Kingston. Becky and Rob brought Alyssa, who was about 8 months old; Liz and Christian brought Anna, who was about 6 months old; Mike and Sam (who was 7 months old then) live here in Kingston. It was great fun to have them all together. While we were together, we all went to Toronto to a Blue Jays game. I was District Public Affairs director, and I had just finished being in charge of a big district event commemorating the Pioneer Sesquicentennial, where President Monson and I were the main speakers. Roy and I were preparing to host a Prete reunion [Roy's brothers and sisters and their children] here in Kingston.
5. Five things you were doing 5 years ago: I was serving as Primary president; I was working as a volunteer one day a week at the family history center; I flew out west to attend my Dad's wedding to Carma; Roy and I spent 2-3 fun days with many of our children and grandchildren at the Bryner cabin in Scofield, UT; I performed a Christmas concert with 8 other women.
6. Five things you were doing 1 year ago: Serving as District Primary president; still working as a volunteer at the Family History Center one day a week; writing the script for a District Relief Society enrichment day, entitled "Mary"; Going to visit my 3 new baby grandchildren (Alexandra, Evelyn and Olivia); attending Sarah's BYU graduation.
7. Seven of your favorite hobbies: reading, astronomy, baseball, history, sudoku puzzles, music, writing, and talking to grandchildren. (OK, that's 8. So, sue me.)
8. Five favorite foods: peas (especially raw, fresh from the garden), raspberries (they're best if you eat them while picking them), turkey with all the trimmings, watermelon, canteloupe.
9. Five places you've been: London, England; Paris, France; Cozumel, Mexico; Bern, Switzerland; and Washington, DC.
10. Five Favorite Memories: [These are memories of my childhood:] Splashing around in the yard when I was little, when Dad irrigated the lawn; climbing the apple trees in the orchard where Dad's house now stands; hiding out in the corn in the garden; helping my Mom make cookies; going to church in the old Riverside meetinghouse.
I tag: Anna Bryner and Alyssa Doig

No comments: