One of the things this blog is suppose to be for is to post memories of each other. Over the next week I'm going to try to go family by family and list some of my favorite memories!
I'll start with Grandma and Grandpa Taylor.
Growing up next to Grandpa and Grandma, I have lots of memories. Some of my favorite memories of Grandma involve working in the garden, raspberry and strawberry beds, and flower beds. She always made garden work into a contest which made it fun! When we picked raspberries or strawberries she would give each of us an empty Cool Whip container with two small holes at the top. We would put twine through the holes and then tie the container around our waists. Then we would race to see who could fill their container first! In the garden we would race to see who could weed their row first! She always made work fun!
Grandma and I had a special thing that we'd do. Whenever I was at her house, before I went home, she'd look at me and say, "Don't forget..." and I'd say, "I love you!" One thing that has helped me when I start missing her is the knowledge that the last thing I said to Grandma was "I love you!"
For Grandpa, I remember going places with him in his old, ugly green car! He would reach under the seat and pull out candy that had been sitting there so long that you had to suck on it for about 10 minutes before you could chew it! When he got his new trailer he took Matthew and I "camping" in it out by the haystacks. He brought Twizzlers chocolate licorice. Matthew and I were planning on it being hard, but it was actually fresh! We were very surprised!
One more recent event that happened with Grandpa that is always going to be a favorite memory:
We had an Easter egg hunt at our house on General Conference weekend. My Mom and Randy brought Grandpa with them for it. When it was time to find the eggs, we asked Grandpa if he wanted to come outside and watch the kids look for eggs. He came outside and JOINED them! It was so cute to see Grandpa hunting Easter eggs! He was actually racing the kids to get to a couple of the eggs! It's a memory that my boys will always treasure too! How many kids can say that they hunted for Easter eggs with their Great-Grandpa?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great idea! I love it. Love to have anyone join in!!
Post a Comment