CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Memories of Uncle Brian and Aunt Janet's Family

Okay Haroldsen crew! It's your turn!
I remember helping Uncle Brian deliver eggs. Why I thought it was fun to ride around in the back of a truck full of eggs is beyond me, but I remember doing it almost every time we visited the Haroldsens on the egg farm in Rexburg. I also remember how much fun it was to watch Uncle Brian pull up in his HUGE England truck when they lived in Idaho Falls.
Aunt Janet has let me stay the night, picked me up from the airport, and dropped me off at the airport so many times that I've lost count. Her waffles are wonderful! I love them with homemade apricot jam! That reminds me of another memory! Whenever we had waffles we had homemade syrup with them. Aunt Janet's syrup container looked just like our juice container! There were several times that my brothers or I forgot that it was syrup and started to pour it into our cups!
I think that growing up Craig's number one goal was to drive me as crazy as possible! I'll never forget going for a walk with him when we visited them for the first time in Utah. I mentioned to him that I wanted to see a certain movie. He had already seen the movie, so I ended up spending the next half hour listening to Craig tell me about the movie! He completely ruined it for me! I wanted to ditch him, but I couldn't because I didn't know my way around the area!
On several occasions I talked Richard into taking me for a ride on his motorcycle! I always loved that thrill! I also remember picking on Matthew and Richard a lot! I'd apologize, but they picked back, so I figure we're even!
My favorite memory of Kim was when we went shopping together when she was only about 10. We were waiting for my Mom and were both bored. Kim decided that it would be fun to hide in the round clothes racks and jump out and scare people when they started looking at clothes. She scared a cute little Hispanic lady. This lady decided to get even! She snuck around to the back of the clothes rack and carefully reached in and grabbed Kim! I've never seen Kim jump so high! I don't think she hid in clothes racks after that!
I remember spending Easters with the Haroldsens. One Easter we somehow ended up with some goose eggs as well as the chicken eggs. We hard boiled them, colored them, and hid them too! Danny had found one of goose eggs and decided that it would be fun to crack the egg open on his forehead! We found out that you need to boil goose eggs a little longer than chicken eggs to cook them! Danny ended up with egg on his face! Literally!
I remember Debbie and I telling jokes for the talent show at a Carpenter Reunion (Grandma Taylor's family) and having Uncle Doug and Uncle Verl (Grandma's brothers) tease us from the audience! It embarrassed us so bad that we forgot our jokes!
I don't think I was in the car when this happened, but Mom's retold it so many times that I feel like I was there! We were coming back to Aunt Janet's house from Liz and Christian's reception in Price, UT. I think I was in Aunt Janet's car and Cindy was in my Mom's. I guess the whole way back Cindy (who use to have a real high pitched, whiny voice) read every single road sign! Mom said it drove her up the wall!
Aunt Betty and I stayed at Aunt Janet's while we were on a Spring Break trip. It was raining pretty bad, but Jason had started a fire in the backyard and was outside, in the rain, listening to the Beach Boys, and toasting marshmallows! He made us some good S'mores!
That concludes the Haroldsen Family! Beware my Family- you're next!

2 comments:

Brooke S said...

I so remember the ride home from Price. Very annoying!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This cracks me up!! I don't have this many memories. I'm impressed. P.S. I was hiding in the clothes rack just yesterday. :)