Unfortunately, I do remember the details of our infamous performance! Brooke, Mary, Esther, I think Amber, Kim, Debbie, Cindy, and I were all dressed in polka dot outfits but we had them hid until the end. Uncle Ray played it on the guitar and Matthew and Richard, wearing swim suits, were the "props" guys. We all sang. The song starts out, "She was afraid to come out of the locker." For that part Matthew and Richard held a blanket up so that only our heads showed. That was the "locker." The next verse starts, "She was afraid to come out in the open, so a blanket around her she wore." The boys dropped the blanket and the girls all had blankets wrapped around them. The last verse starts, "She was afraid to come out of the water." My Mom had painted a huge piece of paper to look like we were under water. There were holes cut out for our heads to poke through. Matthew and Richard held it up for the last verse. The song ends with, "From the locker to the blanket, From the blanket to the shore, From the shore to the water, Guess there isn't any more." At this point, Matthew and Richard dropped the "ocean" and there we were in our polka dot outfits! We all screamed and scattered! I think my Mom has pictures. I can't believe the stuff our parents use to talk us into doing at reunions!
No, I don't think we should do a repeat performance at this reunion so no one ask!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment