I'm so glad that so many people are getting into posting memories!
My favorite memory of Uncle Roy and Aunt Carma took place in London, England! Matthew and I were in England visiting our Dad for the summer. (he was in the Air Force) Uncle Roy and Aunt Carma were there too! We arranged to meet them in London. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed walking around Trafalgar Square, past the Houses of Parliament, and several other places. We ended up in St. James Park, overlooking Buckingham Palace. Uncle Roy had brought Bree Cheese and Pumpernickel Bread with him for us to share. It was an incredible day!
I don't have a lot of memories of Mike. I do remember at one family reunion, Grandpa had watered the lawn. Most of us were running around, playing in the water. Mike and Edward (Edward was only about 2) were sitting on the front steps of Grandma and Grandpa's house with fishing poles, fishing for sucker fish! I just remember thinking that Mike was really sweet to do that with Edward!
I remember Becky coming to visit from BYU for Thanksgiving. I remember her going Christmas shopping with us one time. We stopped at McDonalds for dinner and Mom told Becky that she'd pay for her food. Becky started to tell my Mom that she'd pay for herself and Mom told her that if she paid for herself, she could walk home! (we were in Pocatello- thirty miles from Blackfoot!) Becky let Mom pay and never argued with her again!
I stayed with Liz at her apartment a few days before her wedding. The morning of her wedding, she woke me up by rolling over me! She did it several times! She was so excited (and I think nervous) that it took her 10 minutes just to get her nylons on straight!
I also remember staying with Liz and Christian at their basement apartment in Provo. Joe and Sarah were there too. The people who lived upstairs were gone, so we turned up some music and danced all over! What a blast!
I have to be careful what memories I share about Joe because they could incriminate me as well! I think my favorite memory of Joe would have to be when we were both 18. We drove to 40 Horse Cave (about 45 minutes from my Mom's house) and just spent the day talking and exploring. On the way back, we got really hyper and silly! We stopped and picked some sunflowers for Aunt Betty (she lived in Kansas at the time so we thought she'd like them!) and then stopped at the grocery store and got noodles and Alfredo sauce! We went back to my Mom's house (because everyone else was at Grandpa's and we didn't want to share) and fixed the food. The guy I was dating came over and he got mad because I was paying more attention to Joe than I was to him! (What can I say? Joe was funnier! I broke up with the guy about a week later!)
I remember hiking up to the Timpanogas caves with Joe and John. They decided that it would be fun to run up and then run down the trail. I was so surprised that neither of them fell and broke a leg!
I remember hiking up "Y" mountain in Provo with Joe and Sarah. We did it at night and we decided that we didn't need the trails! We just took off straight up! We were so sore the next day that we could hardly move!
I have other memories of the Pretes, but I'll save them for the reunion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment