Ok, first off, I want to say that I have the best wife in the world!! For my 30th birthday this year, she got me the best gift I have ever had. I got to go to Las Vegas last Saturday and fly a fighter airplane! It started out with a classroom session on the basic maneuvers on how to control the airplane. Then I was suited up in a flight suit, helmet, and parachute and got strapped in. There was a pilot sitting next to me and he handled the take off and landing, but everything else was all me. We flew out above the desert alongside another airplane with another guy who was doing the same thing as me. We got to practice some basic maneuvers and then the dogfighting started. The airplanes were all set up with laser tracking and smoke screens that showed when you hit your opponent. We did 4 "engagements" and I won 2 of them.(Not bad considering the other guy had his pilots license and I don't) I got to do a lot of rolls and loops, and the whole thing was videotaped. The flight lasted about 45 minutes and my stomach really thanked me when we got back on the ground. I guess I can check that one off the Bucket List!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW! I guess you can really say, "Off I go, into the wild blue yonder!" That is the most awesome birthday present I have ever heard of! Way to go!
Very cool Richard! Delrey turns 50 this Jan and he wants to do race car driving. We'll see if I'm as good of a wife as Amanda! My friend's husband did sky diving, but Delrey wonders why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane for fun. Happy 30th Richard! I feel old because I can well remember the day you were born!
Way to go Amanda! Now all of our husbands will want to fly a fighter plane for their Birthdays or something equally cool! :)
I'm glad that it wasn't me. I am glad that you got go experience the fun.
That sounds like so much fun.
Post a Comment