CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Greetings from Elder Pearson

Every 3 months, the missionaries write a MISSIONARY MOMENT for the newsletter. Here is David's for Nov.

Hello and Greetings from the wonderful state of Florida. I'm currently in the Sarasota South area and loving it. I was thinking about what I was going to write in this for a long time, and I couldn't think of anything. Then someone asked me at church what were some ways that young men can prepare for missions. I decided to look to the scriptures for the answers. I came up with a list of five Do's and five don'ts.



While preparing for a mission DO:



Pay your tithing (Acts 5:1-10)
Learn to love to be reproved (Proverbs 15:10)
Learn to live without plumbing (Jeremiah 4:19-20)
Be Righteous, not slothful (Proverbs 15:19)
Worship God with all your might (2nd Sam 6:14)


While preparing for a mission DO NOT:



Make fun of priesthood leaders (2nd Kings 2:23-24)
Get Married and have kids (Jeremiah 16:3-4)
Accept gifts from your enemies (Alma 55:11-18)
Ask for a sign (Alma 30:48-50)
Confuse 1 Nephi 3:7 with 3 Nephi 3:7


I hope that this list helps all of you know what you can do to prepare for a mission. I know that these have blessed me in my life. Happy Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas!! I miss you all!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

What GREAT ideas! I can't wait to look up the scriptures you refered to. It was wonderful to hear from you! Keep up the good works!

Rochelle said...

Very clever! I especially like the one about learning to live without plumbing!