CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Election Day thoughts

With the Presidential election coming up on Tuesday, I just wanted to give you some "food for thought."
I'm not going to tell you which way you should vote, but I am going to tell you some of the things that are influencing who I vote for:
1. No matter how you try to justify it, abortion is MURDER!
2. God gave Adam Eve, not Steve!
3. "The day we lose our will to fight is the day we lose our freedom!" Everyone in the world should have the right to have freedom! War isn't good, but sometimes it is necessary! You don't believe me, ask a Veteran or someone who has come to America because they wanted to get out of a country where they didn't have freedom! It is worth fighting for! Check out this site. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
4. Even with the Law of Consecration, everyone is still required to work and do their part! Free handouts= a poor nation! Anyone who can watch their big screen TV while drinking beer and smoking while the government (meaning us as taxpayers) puts food on the table for their children is not a good parent or citizen! Same goes for anyone who has kids just so they can get government handouts! We are taught as members of the Church to be self sufficient, not to rely on others.
5. Anyone who is not willing to put their hand on their heart when the flag is raised or the National Anthem is played should not be leading our country! If you can't show patriotism, you shouldn't be in America!
Those are just a few of the things that have gone through my mind with the election coming up. I'm not asking you to agree with me, but I am asking you to really think things through before you vote! Don't vote for someone just because they're your party's candidate. Vote for them because they represent the values that you want to see in America!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

4 comments:

Betty said...

AMEN ROCHELLE!!!

Janet said...

Everyone at our house voted early this year. I will be working the elections but it was easier to do it early than try to do it when we will be busy. I hope everyone will vote.

Joyce said...

BRAVO! I totally agree! Randy and I voted early. My prayers are that all people with good morals will stand up for their values and vote in people who believe the same things!

The Bryner Family said...

Totally agree