HI
Just thought I'd write a few things I remember about my dad, since it's his birthday today.
He was born in 1919 and has a twin brother, Dale, who died when he was one month old. His dad was in his 40's when he when he was born and my dad was in his 40's when I was born, so people are suprised when I tell them my GRANDPA was born in 1877. Dad and Dale were the youngest children of Jedediah and Margaret Taylor.
Things I remember about my dad.
He ALWAYS had licorice under the seat of his car or truck, or bit o honey, or sometimes circus peanuts of salt water taffy. He said a few words I wasn't accustomed to, when herding the cows. He loved his horses, Lucky and Penny, and the ones he had later in his life. He always enjoyed a good ride. His favorite game was 'guard the puddle' and played that with many unsuspecting kids. He had a great sense of humor, and loved to joke. He was VERY hard working and expected his kids to be there, too. I remember many hours spent weeding potatoes, burning ditches, killing potato bugs, etc. on the farm. He usually was either right there helping or busy with something else more important.
This post would be a mile long if I wrote everything. Let's just say Dad is an amazing father and I'm lucky to have him. He raised me with great values and taught me how to work. I'm a lucky lady!
Happy Birthday DAD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I forgot about guard the puddle.... I'll have to let my dad enlighten Chandler soon.
I agree that my dad is am amazing man. He really taught us kids how to work hard and he expected the best out of us. I remember going with him and Joyce to get pretty white rocks in his pickup a long ways away, it seemed to me.
I remember how he would like to visit with his friends and you never knew who he would drop in on. He was always there when something important happened. I will always love and respect Dad. I could write lots more but it would take too long to list it all. Happy Birthday, Dad.
My personal favorite was the "Penny in a funnel" game! I can't wait to teach my kids the "games" that Grandpa taught us!
I think I was about 12 when I found out that licorice and Circus peanuts were suppose to be SOFT!
Post a Comment