CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby, It's COLD Outside!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I wanted a white Christmas, but this is getting crazy! We are having a lovely little BLIZZARD! It's not too bad yet (I can see 3 houses down from us) but I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better! I picked the boys up from school today. The school is only about 3 miles from our house. It took us 25 minutes to get home! I know this isn't the worse storm that they've ever had here, but this is the first BIG storm for us in Utah! We didn't get snow like this in Boise! It turns out that driving on snow is like riding a bike- you don't forget how to! Good thing too! The boys were a bit nervous, but I was actually very calm! Matt came home early, so we're all safe and sound! This kind of weather makes you stop and count your blessings! We have a warm house and plenty of food. We're together and that's the most important thing!
To those in the family that are going to be traveling in this- don't forget to pray before you leave, take it slow and be careful!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Wish you were all here! It's cooler than it HAS been, but it's 55 right now. Was in the 30's this morning but thanks to our new windows, I haven't had to turn the heat on quite yet. It was 67 in my house, which is CHILLY, but I refuse to say IT'S COLD!!! I think my kids who are traveling (Rachel and Jeremy) made it safely to Mexico. They don't have any way, but email, to tell me, so I hope they think to email me. They will be here the 28th!

STAY WARM! I promise not to glote about Arizona!

Janet said...

Hi,
I've shovelled twice this afternoon. The weatherman said that we got 7 " in Taylorsville so far and I believe it. The lake effect snow will happen tonight and tomorrow so we could get more. I know that it is colder than this in Idaho and Canada but it is plenty chilly for me right now. I'm glad to be inside the rest of the night where it is warm. I'll try to work on my sewing projects tonight. Have a good weekend, and stay warm, whever you are.

Danny said...

I just woke up and my dogs are ready for their walk in the snow. Yesterday when it was snowing like crazy we had already been for the walk, so we didn't get to become "frosty the snowmen." It was a lot slower at work last night because not all of the trucks were able to make it here on time because of the snow. Well I better go on the walk or my dogs might get mad.

Ben P. said...

It got down to 27 in Tucson for several days, it sure is geting cold!