All of my posts seem to be about work lately, but I guess that is all I have been doing. Last night has been the busiest of them all. We did all that we could to make sure that the packages could be delivered the last day before Christmas. I did my usual two shifts and helped with a third after that. On the sort aisle I sorted three of the hardest loads to sort. First was the load of the spring number beds. They weren't too heavy, just big and awkward, especially when they are coming at you as fast as other packages do. Right after this I went to the "Levy" load. This was a trailer full of boxes of books. Some of these can get pretty heavy and make your arms sore. I had about a half hour on an easier load after this before I went to the famous Mona Vie load that I talked about with my video.
My second shift was the usual sorting into the boxline, just really busy the whole time. My supervisor asked me if I would be willing to help the sunrise shift so I did this when mine was done. During this shift I took care of the "Hold" packages the entire time. These are packages where the business they are going to are closed for the holidays and ask us to hold their packages until they open back up. There were more of these holds than I have ever seen before. I helped stack them on pallets, about five to six feet high, and wrap them in sirran wrap. Then I moved the pallet to a place out of the way and started over again. I think I made about twenty pallets of these "holds." I worked fourteen house and was ready for sleep when I got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I'll bet you are TIRED! I am glad people like you work so hard so everyone can get their packages! You can be proud that you helped a LOT of people have a merrier Christmas because of your hard work and devotion! THANK YOU! I am one of those people!
Post a Comment