CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Congratulations

I have several people I would like to congratulate. First, congratulations to Brooke and Chris on their graduations. Second, congratulations to Rochelle and Anna for graciously wearing the other's team T-shirts and being photographed wearing them. I'm glad you are both such good sports. I also congratulate my son-in-law, Rob Doig, for completing the 11th of 15 courses for his MBA. There are just 4 more to go. He's doing this while working full-time.

All is going well for us. Roy and I returned from Paris on December 1 and are at least partially dug out from the backlog of mail, email, phone messages, laundry, and other work that has piled up in our absence.

We had a really exciting trip. Among other things, I stood in King's Cross Station in London, at Platform 9 3/4, and I went to Greenwich, England, to the Royal Observatory and stood astride the Prime Meridian. I visited Stratford-upon-Avon and saw the burial place of William Shakespeare, and I went to Canterbury Cathedral where Archbishop Thomas Becket was martyred in 1170. I rode the Eurostar train under the English Channel from London to Paris, and I saw the Christmas lights on the Champs Elysees.

Merry Christmas to all.

Love, Aunt Carma

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Welcome home! It sound like you had an amazing trip! I hope someday Matt and I will be able to see those things too! (among others) How many family members were able to come and spend time with you while you were on your trip?

Joyce said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful opportunity so see such places that are so full of history! I am glad you got home all right!
Congratulations to Rob! I am proud of him!