
These are a few of Chris's MSHR buddies.
Chris graduated in some fantastic weather on Friday, December 12. Saturday, December 13, Brooke graduated in 6-8 inches of snow. How typical! So, I'm wearing my coat on under my gown - I promise I haven't put on THAT much. :)

We're sharing a diploma - but we really each got our own. Then we had a party! We had lasagna - so you missed out. :)
After de-icing in both SLC and Denver, we finally made it to Florida. We had a hotel on beach front property, and it was very nice and warm. Good thing Chris has a long arm.

This is the Monarch of the Seas , of the fleet of
Royal Caribbean.

We spent a fantastic week relaxing. We went to a private island with beaches on all sides the first day - CocoCay.... I will admit I thought of you in the snowy weather for about a half a minute... (Sorry! :) The next port was Nassau, Bahamas. That is a very dirty place. The section that we were in was very touristy and the "bargains" weren't that big, so we walked around for a minute and then went back to the ship to lay in the sun on deck. The final day, we were at sea - so we spent some more quality time laying on deck in the sun, trying to soak as much Vitamin D as possible, since we've been recluses to the sun for quite some time.
We flew home on Friday, the 19th, and almost didn't make it because of the snow. We circled SLC several times and they almost rerouted us to Reno? But luckily we landed ok. We also got a chance to go see
Body Worlds. That was absolutely fascinating! I learned a lot more things about the human body that I haven't thought about for a while. I highly recommend it - even if you have a weak stomach - the bodies have been plastinized so they only mildly resembled real skin, etc.
We had our annual Appetizer Night with Chris's family yesterday, and are nearly ready for Christmas. Chandler asks us everyday if it's Christmas yet because he's dying to open the Spiderman present under the tree that my dad brought down for graduation. We have bid plans to make a snowman today - because it's THAT kind of snow. Woo-hoo!

This is our fantastically ginormous Christmas tree. We opted for live - so we could put icicles on it. We're very excited! Chandler wants Santa to bring him a "traver" that "traves" the grass. After much prodding and months of trying to figure out what this was, we concluded it's a weed-eater. Good thing Santa knows what it is too.
We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
PS We don't have a job for Chris yet, but are open if you hear of anything. We will let you know when we hear something from that one "big" one that we're waiting on.
2 comments:
Keep us posted about the job situation!!!!
I'm OH SO GLAD you had a wonderful trip!! Again, congratulations!
Thanks for posting on the Taylor Blog! I was starting to think you'd forgotten us!
Congratulations again and welcome back to the COLD!
Post a Comment