Things are going well for Stephanie and I here at home. She spends all of her time at school and work and I spend all of my time at work. We have started our "peak season" of the year so things are going crazy. Before now a busy time would be considered 140,000 packages on the unload dock and sort aisle for my first shift and 7,000 packages to sort into the boxline for my second shift. This week we have been averaging 175,000 for the first shift and 11,000 for the second. This is the one time of the year that they don't look down on overtime as long as we get things done. I average about ten hours of overtime each week. I guess people are ordering and sending things!
My dogs enjoy their long walks each day. Our short walks are only five miles, but today we did a walk of ten miles so that the dogs will be tired and let me take my nap. While I am typing this they are still full of energy and trying to eat each other's ears. The weather can sure be weird. We started our walk as the sun was coming up, there was blue sky and sunshine for a while, it started to rain while the sun was still out, clouds moved across the sky and it started to snow and the sky was halfway blue again when we were entering the house. We were only out for just over two hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love it when the UPS truck pulls up to my house!!! Thanks Danny, and everyone else who works there for bringing us the fun things of life!!!
The UPS truck doesn't pull up to my house very often. Maybe I need to start ordering more things! Sounds like your life is very busy, but very good!
I haven't looked outside very much today, but I did see snow coming down from a clear sky when my boys got on the bus this morning! Weird is right!
The UPS man just delivered a package to our house. He slipped on the snow on the sidewalk. I guess it is sticking to the ground a bit. I've been busy sewing for Christmas and hadn't noticed.
I am sure you are VERY busy this time of year! I am glad I have contributed to some of your work, or at least your commpany. I ordered quite a lot of things for Christmas and most came by UPS. Thanks for your hard work!
I agree about the weather! It CAN be wierd! Keep having fun on your walks!
Post a Comment