Hello, everyone,
Here we are in Paris! We left Canada October 6, spent the rest of October in England(mostly in London), and traveled to France (on the Eurostar train under the English Channel) November 1. We'll be here until December 1. Roy is doing historical research, but I am mostly being a tourist, plus doing the shopping, laundry, cooking, etc.
Liz, Christian and Ali spent 8 days with us in England. While Roy was researching in the archives in London, I traveled with Liz and Christian to visit Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle, Dover, and Canterbury. I also traveled with Roy to Oxford and Cambridge where he did research in their archives.
Now that we're in Paris, we are settled into a nice little furnished apartment. The bathroom is only slightly larger than a lavatory in an airplane, but otherwise it's quite comfortable. My French isn't that great, but I get by, and Roy can rescue me if I need him. His French is excellent.
We're looking forward to the visit of Ray and Eliz. They will arrive this coming Saturday and will stay until Friday the 21st. Just think of us gazing at the Eiffel Tower, strolling down the Champs Elysees, seeing the Mona Lisa, visiting the Notre Dame Cathedral, wandering along the Seine, eating crepes and pastries, . . . Sound fun?
We just got connected to the internet a couple of days ago, and it's great to be able to be in touch with people. (We have no phone in our apartment.) We just opened up a Yahoo email account so we can send and receive emails while we're in Paris. Our email address for the next 3 weeks is royprete@yahoo.com and we would love to hear from any of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the information. I'm glad that things are going well. Enjoy your stay and your company.
Bon Jour! (I'm not sure if I spelled that right!) I'm glad you're having a good time! Please take lots of pictures and post them!
I am glad things are going well. What a wonderful opportunity to visit such historic and famous places. ENJOY!
Sounds awesome!!!!! Wish we were there, too! Thanks for the post card!
Post a Comment