The racoon will agree! The rest of the camping trip was HEAVENLY! It was great to get away!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Another animal story
It seems Randy and I seem to have some 'animal magnitism' lately. We just got back from camping at Lake Walcott state park, north of Burley. While we were there we saw a racoon along the side of the lake. We took some pictures of it. I will post one or more later. Anyway, we saw it again later in the evening in a tree. When we went to bed I was careful to make sure all of the food was secure. i wasn't worried about the garbage since it was just paper and plastic. However, around 12:30 in the morning, I heard a noise outside. I went outside to see a racoon getting into the garbage. It ran off a little ways when I came out of the tent. I went to the garbage to pick it up so I could lock it in the car. The racoon started coming toward me. I didn't want to yell since I didn't want to disturb the neighbors. I clapped my hands and swung the light towards it. It didn't flinch a bit and kept coming towards me. I wasn't sure if it would attack me for the garbage or not. It got a few feet from me and I was going to make a hasty retreat. All of a sudden Randy came out of the tent. The racoon didn't back off at all. Randy proceeded to throw a frisbee at the racoon. It skimmed over its' head. The racoon started to run off. Randy threw another frisbee and hit the racoon on the head! No wonder he beat me at frisbee golf! Needless to say, no more racoon! It was really something to see! Moral of the story, don't get Randy mad when he has a frisbee in his hands! Or else, don't get into the garbage when he has a frisbee in his hands!
The racoon will agree! The rest of the camping trip was HEAVENLY! It was great to get away!
The racoon will agree! The rest of the camping trip was HEAVENLY! It was great to get away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll try to remember to stay out of frisbee range when I make fun of him!!!!
Post a Comment