CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"It" has frozen over!

Let me preface this with letting those that do not know. I live in Southern Arizona, about 60 miles southeast of Tucson, and about 60 miles from the Mexico Border.
We received a call at 6 AM yesterday informing us that school had been canceled due to a snow storm. Yes you read correctly, a snow storm! I took these pictures out side my house.
In Idaho we called this a light dusting, but these Arizonians could not handle it. It was gone by 12

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I feel SOOOO sorry for the suffering of those in Arizona! We 'only' had 3 inches of snow in the past 2 days. That might have caused a state of emergency there! I am glad you survived!

Ben P. said...

We didn't quite get the blizzard that you guys got in Benson... Nothing stuck, so...

Rochelle said...

Wimps!

Janet said...

I know that everyone isn't used to snow. It does seem weird that school would be closed for this, though. I understand when the roads have ice all over them. But this?

Ben P. said...

As to why school is closed, it comes down to a few issues. First of all, there is no infrastructure to deal with snow, or at least, not very much. Thus the streets still have snow, etc. Secondly, people just don't know how to drive in the snow. Third, this kind of thing doesn't happen very often, in Benson it's once every few years, and Tucson it's about once every 10 years, and Casa Grande, well, about once every 30 years... So...