CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I JUST MET BRONCO MENDENHALL


Well, last night really. For those of you in the family that receive Cougar Mail (I'm sure there are just so many of you) you should know by know about the Bronco Mendenhall fireside titled "An Uplifting Evening With Bronco Mendenhall". When it comes on again, I encourage everybody to watch it on BYU TV to fully understand why Bronco Mendenhall was chosen to become the head coach and how he had to mix football with religion. Anyways, it was a great fireside. Afterwards, I GOT TO MEET BRONCO MENDENHALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ALSO GOT HIS SIGNATURE IN MY OFFICIAL BYU NOTEBOOK FROM GRANDMA PRETE. HE WROTE " ANNA, CHOOSE THE RIGHT" Then he signed his name. We also talked to him a little bit. We told him we were big Jan Jorgensen fans because we live in Price (right next to Helper) and he looked up from signing my book and said "we are too" with his wife Holly. He also told me that I look nice in glasses and that his son wore glasses (don't ask me why he said that). Man, that was an awesome night last night!


P.S. For those of you who aren't the least bit familiar with BYU football, Bronco Mendenhall is the Head Coach of BYU Football.
Unfortunately, we didn't even have my dad's cell phone with us so we couldn't take any pictures, but luckily a BYU photographer was there and so they told us we could order some pictures from them.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

CONGRATULATIONS, ANNA! What an exciting opportunity! I am happy for you!

Rochelle said...

I'm so not worthy to be your cousin! You are just too cool for words! And of course I'm not being sarcastic at all! j/k! I really am happy you got to meet him! Did you ask him if his being named after the BSU Broncos really helps him motivate his team? Love ya Anna!!!!!