I haven't really been posting much because this is basically the first day I felt like I could bear to sit up in a chair and look at a bright computer screen. We are finally recovering and I, Anna, expect to be back to school by Friday. The twins went to preschool today and have recovered much faster than I have. Our surgies all went well and there were no complications. We also had our adenoids taken out also (I have no idea what those are, and I didn't dare look at them), and we also had allergy tests. If you ever have to get a surgery where you'll be under anesthesia for a while and its an option, I would get an allergy test done if I hadn't already. We had lots of allergies we had no idea about. Garrett had a 9 on "White Potato" and we would have never ever known. (A 9 in the millimeters of swelling on his back). Garrett also had to have a tube taken out of one of his ears and Ali had them put in. It turns out that my tonsils were infected and thus the reason for constantly getting sick. What we think was going on is that my tonsils were infected with strep, no matter whether or not I had medicine and I just carried it around. Whenever I did stuff that wore me out a lot, it made my symptoms stronger or something. Anyways, I'm just glad that there was a good reason for getting them out because I suffered a ton. I don't want to scare any of you, but if you ever have to have your tonsils out, don't imagine the pain because it will most likely be different than you think and hurt more in a different way. With me, I didn't even have a popsicle until yesterday. My mom forced me to suck on one on Day Four, but it wasn't out of my free will. I had a really, really hard time recovering from it. I won't go into some details because it is really disgusting, but let me just say it was really, really hard to keep hydrated and I didn't ever feel like eating or drinking anything. I was really, really weak for a long time. My parents were going to take me to the ER to get an IV if I didn't improve by Monday, but luckily I started feeling a little better and was able to drink a little bit more. I have begun eating more today. I still can't eat much unless its really soft and slides down relatively easier than solid foods, but it's still an improvement. I am happy to report that though I was naucious for many days, not a single one of us threw up. Since this report has been rather long, I will end it and stop taking up so much time! :)
Posted By Anna
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you've been through a lot, Anna! I hope you're better soon. So what other Allergies did you find out about?
I hope that you all get recovered real fast. I hope Anna gets feeling lots better. Good luck at your house.
Post a Comment