This year I planted my first garden. I got a tomato plant from my bishopric for Mother's Day, and put it in my garden. This is that plant. I don't know what we did to it, but this is only one tomato plant. I've never seen one this big! How big do they normally get?
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well... it thought you could handle the extra canning with the prolific plant (and of course a new baby) 2 years ago, we had 12 tomato plants (6 regular and 6 cherry) With the supports that we put on them, they were all over 6 1/2 feet tall and 3 feet in diameter. (Our 3 this year are about a foot tall...) :( Thank goodness for farmer markets.
Happy canning and eating.
WOW! What size are the tomatoes that are on it? Pumpkin size? You must have a lot of nitrogen in the soil. There must be something about the Mother's day plants they gave away this year. I got a zinnia that is huge now, too.
My tomato plants aren't that big for sure but they are loaded with tomatoes. They did suffer some hail damage but the tomatoes are ripening fast enough that I need to get a bunch picked tomorrow and make salsa. I can smell it already.
That is a BIG tomato plant.
If you need someone to take some of those tomatoes off your hands when they get ripe, give me a call! Yum!
This has the makings of a great sci-fi movie: "The tomato plant that swallowed Salt Lake City." I think you should write a screen play and send it to Hollywood, along with your photos. Fame and fortune await!
Post a Comment