CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Against Abuse Shelter


http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20134369&BRD=1817&PAG=461&dept_id=68561&rfi=8

Hi
I was privledged to help with an amazing project, off and on for about 3 year. I spent 3 days recently, helping decorate and clean, the actual shelter. Our ward donated 15 quilts, some that you can see in the pictures. Everyone who went in the nursery cried. Sad a place like this is needed but cool they have a place like this to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is sad! Helping with something like that has to make you count your blessings!

Joyce said...

I can tell that a lot of work went into fixing up the place. I know just from doing Dad's bathroom how hard it is. How special to have people who cared enough to do the work so people who have tragic things happen to them can have not only a place to stay, but a beautiful and uplifting place to stay.

Betty said...

It is a brand new house/facility not a remodeled home. I'm not sure who paid for the facility, but they had enough money for it, but nothing to furnish it with. I'm just grateful they have a place to go. This facility is just for children. They have one that is 3 years old, next door, for women with children. It's filled to capacity, and above. Very sad....