I know that I am not in charge of the Taylor family reunion until 2012. However I have an idea that will need some prior notice so we can do it. The Albion Normal School, where Mom, (Grandma Taylor) went to school, (It is south of Burley, Idaho) has been sold to some people who are restoring it to use for reunions and group gatherings. It is called Campus Grove at Albion. Right now they have a hall (Miller Hall) that is being used. At this point it is booked up through most of 2010! The campus is a historical site. The building has a large kitchen, dining area, 15 bedrooms and bathrooms. Some rooms are connecting. Showers. There are 12 queen beds, 12 twin bed sets, 5 twin/full bed sets, 2 futons, 10 foam pads There is a large game, media area with ping pong, air hockey, Foosball and large TV. there is volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, an above the ground swimming pool, hot tub, basketball area, a fire pit, picnic tables, an outdoor stage, a large grassy area and MORE! There is an area for tents and RVs. There is a museum next door. I know I haven't mentioned everything! In 2012 they hope to have more things. There are also MANY places near this area that are great outdoor recreation. Plus the Twin Falls temple isn't too far away.
This would be a wonderful way to honor Grandma Taylor and get better acquainted with her as well as each other.
I need to know if you would be interested. there would be some expense with this, but if we got started early to save up for it, it wouldn't be very much per family per month! If a person figured in the cost of a motel, compared to this, it is a savings! Plus all the extra activities available. I was thinking of doing it from a Thursday (check in is 4 pm) until Sunday (check out time is noon). You could go to the Albion ward church. How would the end of June or first part of July be? Or later in July?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR FEELINGS! I KNOW WE COULD DO THIS AND HAVE A GREAT TIME! I just need your support and commitment. Our family is worth it!
I have a brochure that I could scan and send out if you would like to know more. You can get on line and look it up albioncampusgrove.com
Randy, Dad and I went there today and took a tour. I was VERY impressed!
I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It sounds like a good idea to Stephanie and I. We always like having fun.
Could you give us an idea of how much it would be per family?
Hmmm... Definitely looks interesting. At a cost of $3750 for 3 nights, divided by 15 rooms, is about $225 per room. That's only $75 a night... Of course, there's alot of other factors, but that would be my rough guess per family.
I have checked my schedule for 2012 and I am wide open as of yet. I will start putting a little bit of money aside each month for this once in a lifetime opportunity!
I think the idea is a good one and the place sounds great, but I think that it's a little too early to committ to something that big. Reunions are priorities to me, but sometimes things come up! The year that we had the custody battle for Michael we had quite a bit of money saved that we were going to use for vacation and other things and we ended up using all of it for our lawyer and not going anywhere- even to reunions! Unless you own your own company, you can't really plan that far in advance for time off either! With the economy how it is, who knows what's going to be going on with jobs! You said that they're not even booking for 2012 yet. Maybe we should wait until the 2010 reunion and see where everyone is then. I do like the idea, I'm just concerned about committing this far in advance.
I like the idea but think 2 days sounds better than 3. We had a lot of uncertanties in our lifes so I'd rather wait to make the committment for until after the 2010 reunion when we can all vote on it.
Since I'm in charge in 2014 I've been looking at camp grounds/rv's, in Kanab, and that's kind of my idea, so far, but will wait until 2012 to talk about it with everyone.
It looks interesting. We are still trying to figure out where to hold the 2010 reunion and haven't finalized anything there yet. I would love to see the place where Mom went to school. I will try to get some feedback from my kids.
Post a Comment